Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
- NameSr Janet King
- Held byThe midwife
- Opening TimesTuesday afternoon for new patients and first bookings, Thursday mornings by appointment for follow-up visits
- Additional InformationThe midwife will deal with all your antenatal requirements throughout your pregnancy.
- Requires GP Referral?Yes
Child Health Surveillance (CHS)
- NameDr Amanda Head
- Held byGP
- Opening TimesTuesday afternoons, appointment only for six week baby medicals.
- Additional InformationIn addition to providing a complete medical service for all children, child health surveillance clinics for children under five are held on:
Wednesdays 9.00 - 11.30am, for child development with the health visitor at Cwmbran Town Centre Clinic
Should you have any concerns, please contact 01633 488351.
- Held byPractice Specialist Nurses
- Opening TimesThursdays 9.00am - 3.30pm
- Additional InformationWe have specialist nurses in diabetes who cares for the diabetics of the practice and runs a diabetic clinic by appointment. We monitor all our diabetics on a regular basis. Appointments will be sent to you.
- Held byNurses
- Additional InformationIf you plan to travel abroad, even for a short holiday, consult the practice nurse at least eight weeks in advance to plan any immunisations you may need.
- Held byPractice HCA's
- Additional Information(Blood Pressure Clinic). An appointment will be sent to patients. However, if you have any concerns, please come into the surgery.
- Held byNurses
- Additional InformationIf you are currently on our heart disease register you will be sent an appointment at least annually.
- Held byThe midwives
- Opening TimesThursdays Mornings by appointment only
- Additional InformationMaternity services are staffed by a selection of midwives attached to the surgery from Gwent Community Health Trust and in conjunction with local hospitals.
- Held byPractice Nurses
- Additional InformationAsthma/COPD Clinic. To control, monitor and give advice on all aspects of asthma and other respiratory problems. All clinics are by appointment only and patients will be sent for annually. Please ask at reception.
Smoking Cessation Clinic
- Additional InformationWe are actively involved with Stop Smoking Wales who provide advice and support. Contact Details are:
Family Planning Clinic
- Held bySpecialist Nurse
- Opening TimesBy appointment only
- Additional InformationA full range of services is available, including coil fitting and implants. Please make an appointment with our Specialist Nurse to discss the appropriate procedures prior to an appointment at our Contraceptive Clinic.
- Held byNurses
- Additional InformationThe Health Authority policy is that a smear is recommended every three years between the ages of 25 and 64. Please make an appointment with the nurse (reminder letters will be sent).
- Additional InformationIf you need a special examination, eg for fitness to undertake sports, pre-employment, HGV or elderly drivers, this will be done by special appointment and you will be charged. We act as examiners for several life insurance companies. COPYING CHARGE
A paper fee of 55 pence per sheet is
payable. This is in addition to an
Medical report – no exam £88.50
Medical exam & report £127
INSURANCE PROPOSAL REPORTS
Insurance proposal medical
examiners report (20mins) £104
Supplementary Report £27
Insurance proposal medical with
MISCELLANEOUS REPORTS INCLUDING:
Letters regarding medication for travel £30
Health Club – patient fit to exercise £30-60
Letters of support for housing £30-60
INSURANCE CLAIM FORM £30-60
PRIVATE CERTIFICATE-SICK NOTE
HGV / PCV medicals £130
Taxi medicals £ 130
Fostering medicals £ 130
Private sick note £30-60
Holiday canecellation form £30-60
Fit to travel £30-60
- NameDr Millar-Jones
- Opening TimesTuesday afternoon clinics by appointment only
- Additional InformationSome minor operations (skin lesion removal,incision of cysts, cautery of warts, verrucae, injections of joints etc.) can be done by one of the doctors in the surgery. Please make an appointment for an assessment of the problem via the receptionist.
- Held byPractice Nurses
- Additional InformationIn accordance with Department of Health guidelines, we recommend an influenza vaccination for patients with chronic heart, lung or kidney disease, diabetics, asthma, Carers, compromised, and frail elderly patients. Please make inquiries in early September
New Patient Check-up
- Held byPractice Nurse
- Additional InformationNew patients are required by the Health Authority to have a new patient medical. If you have not already been invited to do so, please make an appointment with the receptionist stipulating that you need a new patient medical. These examinations should be done within six weeks of registering with the practice.
- Additional InformationWe have a team of counsellors who deal with all different aspects of counselling. Appointments are by referral only via your doctor.and in conjuction with the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)
- Held bySpecialist Practice Nurse
- Additional InformationChildhood immunizations are very important in the protection against common diseases, there is a schedule of immunizations from the age of 2 month onward,If you have any doubts about any of the immunizations please speak to one of our nurses or health visitors who are based at Cwmbran Clinic.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01633 866719.